"Inverclydes premier cycling club"
It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Moniaive RR
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:58 pm 

John Mcp and myself travelled down to sunny Moniaive on Sat to ride in the Moniaive "Wild Hills " TLI RR.
There was a fair turnout, more than I expected. Coz it was down Dumfries way there were a lot of new faces , Border Citty Wheelers etc .
The organiser decided to give the 45 - 50 age group a min start on the 40 - 45 , with the young pups following a min behind.
So it was a RR with an APR flavour.
A couple of miles into the race myself and Callum Gough broke away, we worked well together up the intial slog of about 10 miles or so into the wind " aye , the route starts with a wee drag " . We stayed away until the 16 mile mark where the pack comprising of the remnants of the three groups pulled us in. Looked like about 30 strong being driven by Pedal Power and Bicycle Works. Not a lot happened until we hit St John's of Dalry, the sharp kick out of there split the pack . 7 of us went off the front and the chasers chased. The usual attacks went from the 7 but they were quickly pulled back. This was until Bazza McGurk made his bid for freedom and was quickly joined by a quick young lad from Ayr Roads ( Ken Armstrong ? ). The remaining 5 of us didn't get ourselves organised quickly enough to pull them back and they stayed away with Bazza taking the win.
Our group of 5 sprinted for the line with me being able to nick the sprint , take 3rd overall and 1st Vet.
John McP finished in the chasing bunch and took the honours in his category.
All in all a good day at the races.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:51 pm 

More great results, well done men.
I cant wait to get back out there as iam not working the weekends as of next week. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:21 pm 
Site Admin

My position in this race was kinda false, I got pumped out the back early on in the race (maybe about 7 or 8 miles into it) but a few miles later that speedy young guy Davie Millar (64 I believe) came flying by so I jumped on his wheel for about 20ish miles and he pulled me past about half a dozen riders. The velcro was working well, thanks Davie.

Cheers John

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]