"Inverclydes premier cycling club"
It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The new website
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:01 am 
Site Admin

Just a few details on where I am on the new site. At the moment about 80% of what was on the old site is now transferred. I have still to transfer the Results Archiver section and most of the Gallery links.

I am afraid I cannot transfer the posts in the old forum as basically it would take an age and as it was freebie the company that hosted it won't allow you access to the database.

I have combined both the old website and the forum basically because as the forum was a freebie we could loose it whenever. I also found that most users were accessing the forum and just using the website for checking results and old times. I will leave the old forum aup for viewing but will disable the posting so from now on can you post in this forum.

I have not enabled the 'posting only by registered users' yet, you can of course register on this new board, which I would like you to do but as long as everyone plays the game then I will leave it at that. If it gets abused then I will change it.

Thanks

Webmaster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:19 pm 
Site Admin

Me again, I have changed the Forum to register to post on the forum, too many Guests appearing without leaving names etc.

So please remember to REGISTER.....and pick a good avatar ie pic.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:34 pm 
Site Admin

Was looking at the stats for the website and I rekon come 6th June we will have broken the 4000 hits by then. Thats only 2 months the site has been up and running in its new format, thats better than the old site hit rate.

Thanks to all who have joined as members and to everyone that has visited the site. The site is there for you to use , club member or no club member, please feel free to use the forums etc and post.

I am still looking for further ideas on how we can keep improving the site, what would be good is to have a database of results from Open races. If you are attending a race and get the full results sheet, e-mail me the sheet and i'll post it.

Thanks

Webmaster.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:10 pm 
Site Admin

Scratch that...we're at 5100+ hits on the 4th June !!