"Inverclydes premier cycling club"
It is currently Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 2018 Objectives
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:15 pm 

If all goes to plan it is going to be a busy year on the biking front.

First of is a long term goal that should hopefully be completed this year and that is to qualify as an Ultra Randonneur. What is that you ask well in the world of Audax there are awards for various distance achievements completed each year, so for the” Ultra” you need to complete a “Super” Randonneur in 10 different years ( a Super requires a 200km,300km,400km & 600km event to be completed in the year). So after being a member of AUK for 14 years I’m hopefully going to complete my 10th SR and become a UR.

Next goal is to complete a RRTY (Randonner Round The Year) which requires completion of at least 1 audax event per month for a 12 month period, with a minimum distance of 200km used as a counting event. I’m currently at month 5 of this challenge and again if all goes to plan then it should be completed in August.

To help me complete the above challenges I have signed up for three long distance events this year (one in Scotland and a further two in France). First up will be a 1000km event starting in Edinburgh at the end of May with a time limit of 74Hrs to complete, with a maximum field size of 100 riders. Route details can be found on the web link below

Then just over a month later it’s off to Bordeaux in the south west of France, this time for a 1200km event with a time limit of 90hrs, this one allowing for a larger field of 500 riders. Again the web link below will give details of the route.

Finally I’ll be back in France at the beginning of September with a return to the south east of France for an event with some serious mountain climbing in the Alps. With more than 20,000m of climbing this 1000km event has a time limit of 100hrs. Route outline can be found at the link below

This really is my favourite bit of France and the Alps really are a sight to behold especially on a bike so if you’re tempted by any of these then why not join me for some fun on a bike 

Post subject: Re: 2018 Objectives
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:46 am 

My objectives for 2018 are pretty much the same as last year which is to attempt to PB in 10 and 25 mile time trials, I was close last year but not close enough.
10TT @ West Ferry 21:28 04/07/2009 - 10TT @ West Ferry 21:36 27/08/2017
25TT @ West Ferry 56:08 06/06/2010 - 25TT @ West Ferry 57:00 27/05/2017

Also need to submit a date to the CTT for running the open 10TT.